Leadership videos can often be cheesy, out-of touch and boring affairs – but we’ve spent hours trawling the countless leadership videos that have been produced, to find you the most relevant, content rich and useful to aspiring leaders of today. Follow these useful online resources, and you’ll be inspired and excited into trying out new ideas and going about things in a different way.
1.Global leadership: Constant change is now a feature of the global marketplace. The Hay Group Best Companies for Leadership study reveals how the best corporations in the world are responding: Click here for YouTube video
2. Inspiration: Leadership comes in some of the most unexpected of occurrences. I couldn’t have this section without posting one of the most individual inspirational videos ever seen…
3. Motivation: Does Lower Financial Incentives = Higher Performance?
4. Motivation: How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Robin Sharma
5. Motivation: You have to have fun at work and really enjoy what you do – even in the most challenging job. What you need is the FISH philosophy.
6. Leaders care and nurture: This high impact video gives a quick insight into the attitude good leaders adopt regarding their team. This is how you will nurture and harness the future potential of your team. Take a few moments to think about it after you have watched – it has a powerful leadership message: See Video posted on YouTube.
7. Leadership traits: Colin Powell Leadership Speech
8. Managing people: Steve Jobs talks about managing people.
9. Leadership lessons: Lessons From Leadership – Obama to Mandela
10. Leadership lessons: You are not a leader without followers. You cant be a leader without gaining and nurturing your first follower. An amateur video production on YouTube with strong lessons for leaders seeking their first followers. This is a powerful message for budding entrepreneurs.
11. Entrepreneurs: All winners get knocked down. They just know the power of getting back up again one more time. What winners are.
12. Inspiration: A true story One day a son asks his father: “Dad, will you run the marathon with me, I CAN do it?” The father answers yes and both run their first marathon together. One day, the son asks his father if he wants to run the marathon with him again and the father answers yes. They both run the marathon together again. Then one day the son asks his father: “Dad, will you run the Ironman with me, I CAN do it?” (the Ironman is the toughest…it requires a 4km swim, 180km biking and 42km running). The father says “YES, of course WE CAN. This all sounds easy…but check this leadership video.
14. Communication: How are today’s leaders communicating with the younger generation joining the ranks? Are they listening? Are they on the same wavelength? Do they hear what young people hear? This video offers real insight into the ‘age’ gap and makes us think, as leaders, that we are not able to hear certain things and our young people may have a whole new perspective where they can offer fresh insight. In the world of social media, it is the younger generation with their ear to the ground… Watch – and listen. Do you pass the hearing test?
15. Global leadership: How the power of social media and the voice of the people is now changing the impact we each have on the leadership decisions in our world. This video highlights the atrocities and crimes committed by one Joseph Kony. For the sake of every child on the planet and to prove the power of leadership, please take just 30 minutes of your time to watch this most powerful video. There are many lessons to be learned from this moving documentary: http://www.youtube.com/Kony2012
16. Work/life balance. An inspirational video which makes you sit up and think about all the amazing things you can do with your life – so dont waste the time you have been given on this earth and grab every opportunity with energy and passion…. go on – take a risk. Click here for youtube video.
If you’ve found a brilliant leadership video on the web then go to our contact page and send us an email with the URL of the video you’ve found. Our Leadership Video section is new, so you can help build this page into a useful video resource that others will continue to visit. You (along with your website) will be credited if a video you have selected gets published here!